[lldb-dev] here need your help

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Thu Jan 2 11:11:22 PST 2014

You did everything correctly. My guess is you didn't supply -O0 on your compile line and the compiler optimized your code. When the compiler optimizes your code, the line numbers and debug info are not very useful due the the optimizations.

Try compiling with:

% clang -g -O0 -o helloworld helloworld.c

And try again.

Greg