[lldb-dev] FW: Problems with LLDB for Ubuntu 12.04

Fletcher, John P j.p.fletcher at aston.ac.uk
Thu Jan 2 06:13:23 PST 2014

Here is a message which I posted to cfe-users, and I am reposting it here as probably the right place for it.

This is from something else which I posted on cfe-dev:

The killer problem is that liblldb.so will not link, which is caused by the incompatibility of the std::string definitions.  I could not understand why it would not link until I read this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12542971/using-libstdc-compiled-libraries-with-clang-stdlib-libc

It looks to me as though the current LLDB is not buildable on Ubuntu 12.04 without adding a newer version of libstdc++ as it will not build with libc++ on 12.04

This would be solved if it had an option not to use map.emplace so that it would work with gcc 4.6

I have tried with versions of libc++ built with either libc++abi  or libcxxrt in case that made a difference.  It did not.

It would be helpful to know

a)      What is the last version of LLDB which will build with gcc 4.6?

b)      Will that be useful for working with more recent clang 3.5 with c++1y?

Thank you

John Fletcher