[lldb-dev] LLDB and QEMU

Steve Pucci spucci at google.com
Fri Feb 14 09:13:52 PST 2014

Right.  I've actually got a sandbox where I'm trying to load the auxv via
the packet right now -- it's almost coded but I'm working on something else
until at least Monday.

It's not clear to me what the right architecture here is.  Up until this
week I was proceeding under the assumption that in the remote case (where
we're using ProcessGDBRemote) we should have a dynamic loader that is
specific to that case, and in another sandbox I have a
DynamicLoaderPOSIXDYLD plug-in that loads library load addresses via the
qXfer:libraries:read and qXfer:libraries-svr4:read packets (that code is
working, but the rest of the plug in isn't written yet).  But as I get more
into the implementation I'm wondering if maybe we should just make sure
that the POSIX dynamic loader does all of its actions via abstract methods
that will go across the gdbserver as required to load memory from the
target.

Greg actually suggested the latter approach quite a while back, but I
didn't realize at the time how much of lldb abstracts the way we access
target information, so when I ran into the issue with auxv I thought it was
the tip of a larger iceberg and I went down the path of creating a special
dynamic loader plug-in.

I'll know more next week after I try loading the auxv via packets.  In the
meantime if anyone has any thoughts, please feel free to comment...

Thanks,
  Steve