[lldb-dev] Current quality/support of lldb on 32-bit Linux systems

Matthew Gardiner mg11 at csr.com
Wed Feb 12 01:47:44 PST 2014

Hi

Could somebody please make a statement on the current quality of
building lldb on 32-bit linux systems, and then using the lldb built to
debug 32-bit linux processes?

I'm currently using a virtual box guest with access to only 2.3GB of the
hosts RAM and really struggling. I have managed to build (with
gcc-4.8.2) lldb without debug symbols, but any attempt to build with
debugging just results in the kernel (I think) killing the ld invocation.

When I do manage to build an lldb, I'm finding that the debug experience
is a bit shaky, e.g. the register reading layer seems to be inaccurate,
and the inferior process status is often misreported.

I am happy to contribute somewhat in this area (I have some wait/ptrace
etc. experience) - but I wondered whether my continued exploits into
32bit-linux were actually worthwhile...

Any advice appreciated,
Matthew Gardiner

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Keep up to date with CSR on our technical blog, www.csr.com/blog, CSR people blog, www.csr.com/people, YouTube, www.youtube.com/user/CSRplc, Facebook, www.facebook.com/pages/CSR/191038434253534, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CSR_plc.
New for 2014, you can now access the wide range of products powered by aptX at www.aptx.com.