[lldb-dev] question about link_map data structure in elf on 64-bit Linux systems

Richard Mitton richard at codersnotes.com
Sat Feb 1 11:57:45 PST 2014

The definitive document is here: http://www.akkadia.org/drepper/tls.pdf

I just had a look through and I guess it probably is a bug. Technically
the code in DLYDRendezvous::GetThreadInfo() should query not only the
location, but also the size of modid (using the same API), and then
later issue the appropriately-sized read.

It's not really "wrong" for little-endian systems right now, unless you
have 4 billion modules loaded.