[lldb-dev] Frame documentation

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Thu Dec 4 16:37:53 PST 2014

lldb uses a cache when it reads memory from the process it is debugging.  So when any of the FindVariable type calls need to read memory, they will read in page sized chunks and cache it.  Another read from the same page won't require a second call into the target to read the same memory, but will use the cache.  I think you want to let the cache handle ganging memory reads in some efficient way.

Jim