[lldb-dev] Remote debugging and networking questions

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Wed Dec 3 10:41:15 PST 2014

We should probably make a global setting in LLDB in Debugger.cpp line 131 where we add a new setting named "hostname" or something else that makes sense. It defaults to not being set, or we can try to populate it with the result of HostInfo::GetHostname(...). Then you can change this if needed to allow reverse connections to succeed.

By default, it should do what it does now but it should use the "hostname" (or whatever name we want to name it) setting instead of HostInfo::GetHostname(). If the user changes the setting, then it would get picked up and used.

Greg