[lldb-dev] Is anyone using lldb on Windows to debug a _Windows_ application

Colin Riley colin at codeplay.com
Wed Aug 27 01:13:21 PDT 2014

Hey Virgile,

I think you'll need to talk to Zach for this. There has been quite a lot
of changes, and I think some of the changes may impact significantly on
your merge.

I'm not up to date with all of the changes now in trunk, so best to ask
him. I could be wrong and it be easy :)

Colin

On 27/08/2014 01:36, Virgile Bello wrote:
> I suppose I should merge my branch back to LLDB trunk at some point?
> I could rebase & merge the new ProcessWindows and DynamicLoaderWindows
> plugins
> (https://github.com/xen2/lldb/commit/515956244784a9162183a6135068e893ba994532)
> and keep the other LLDB changes aside for now if they need further
> discussion?
>
> Or any similar work in the way?
>

> On 17 June 2014 05:45, Eran Ifrah <eran.ifrah at gmail.com
> <mailto:eran.ifrah at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com
>     <mailto:gclayton at apple.com>> wrote:
>

>         > On Jun 14, 2014, at 3:12 AM, Eran Ifrah
>         <eran.ifrah at gmail.com <mailto:eran.ifrah at gmail.com>> wrote:
>         >
>         > Hi,
>         >
>         > I tried both building lldb with MSVC and with MinGW both
>         failed to debug native Windows executables (I actually tried 3
>         types of executables, 1 built with MinGW, 1 with clang 3.4 and
>         1 with Visual Studio)
>         >
>         > This is the error I am getting:
>         >
>         > $ lldb D:/src/TestArea/ClangVC/Debug/ClangVC.exe
>         > error: 'D:/src/TestArea/ClangVC/Debug/ClangVC.exe' doesn't
>         contain any 'host' platform architectures:
>         > (lldb)
>         >
>         > So the question is:
>         > Is it possible to use lldb on Windows (for local debugging
>         not remote debugging)
>

>         No, we currently don't support native debugging on windows as
>         far as I know
>
>     Thanks for the clarifications.
>
>         . With MSVC, they emit a proprietary debug information format
>         (in .pdb files) that isn't documented. I am sure a native
>         windows plug-in could be made to support binaries built with
>         gcc or clang, but I don't believe anyone has done this yet.
>
>         Greg
>

>     --
>     Eran Ifrah
>     Author of codelite, a cross platform open source C/C++ IDE:
>     http://www.codelite.org
>     wxCrafter, a wxWidgets RAD: http://wxcrafter.codelite.org
>     <http://wxcrafter.codelite.org>

- Colin Riley
Games Technology Director

Codeplay Software Ltd
45 York Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3HP
Tel: 0131 466 0503
Fax: 0131 557 6600
Website: http://www.codeplay.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/codeplaysoft

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and /or privileged information and is for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Codeplay Software Ltd immediately and delete the message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it,or use or disclose its contents to any other person. Any views or other information in this message which do not relate to our business are not authorized by Codeplay software Ltd, nor does this message form part of any contract unless so stated.
As internet communications are capable of data corruption Codeplay Software Ltd does not accept any responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was sent. Please note that Codeplay Software Ltd does not accept any liability or responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.
Company registered in England and Wales, number: 04567874
Registered office: 81 Linkfield Street, Redhill RH1 6BY