[lldb-dev] Enabling warnings as errors

Nico Weber thakis at chromium.org
Fri Aug 15 07:05:50 PDT 2014

In the clang/llvm world, I often get a small handful of warnings when
building locally, almost always due to my local compiler having buggy
warnings. If -Werror was enabled by default in the clang/llvm build, I'd
have a broken build fairly often.

Maybe we could detect compiler versions and only enable -Werror for
compilers that are in some whitelist.