[lldb-dev] python command returns different values in a script and interactively

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Wed Aug 13 11:22:54 PDT 2014

That's to be expected.  After all, SBProcess.Continue() is a scripting function that continues the process, you wouldn't want that to print stop information to stdout, that isn't an appropriate thing for a lower level function to do.

You can use SBThread::GetStatus to print the stop status of the thread in the same way the command interpreter does when it stops at a thread, if that is what you want your command to do.  If you are writing a Python based command, the correct way to do this is to set the status into the result object of your command.

Jim