[lldb-dev] Host::LaunchProcess vs. ProcessPlugin::DoLaunch

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Tue Aug 12 16:20:27 PDT 2014

Makes sense.  I think the handle makes more sense in the
ProcessInstanceInfo than the ProcessInfo, since by definition a HANDLE
implies that you're referring to an instance of the process that is
currently running, which is what ProcessInstanceInfo is for.

Still though, I wonder if it might be better to have LaunchProcess take a
ProcessInstanceInfo* argument that could be filled out by the function.  I
agree that just putting the lldb::host::process_t directly into the
ProcessLaunchInfo alongside the pid would be easier, but I don't mind doing
the extra work for a more robust solution, if you agree that there's value
in doing it this way.