[lldb-dev] Dereferencing SBValue

Eran Ifrah eran.ifrah at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 06:09:14 PDT 2014

Hello list,

I am trying to de-reference a pointer type without success, i.e. I
successfully that I need to perform a de-reference but the results are the
same

here is the code logic I am using (value is of type SBValue):

lldb::TypeClass typeClass = value.GetType().GetTypeClass();
if ( typeClass & lldb::eTypeClassPointer ) {
    value = value.Dereference();
}

int numOfChildren = value.GetNumChildren();

// numOfChildren is 0

Even when the above condition is True, the number of children remain 0

Here is a screenshot of the debug process (I marked in RED what should have
been de-referenced):
​http://codelite.org/images/tmp/de-reference.png​

What am I am missing?​

​Thanks!​

--
Eran Ifrah
Author of codelite, a cross platform open source C/C++ IDE: