[lldb-dev] problems with async mode

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Mon Apr 7 11:00:03 PDT 2014

The main problem with your approach is the "debugger" you created is already the listener for all process events. The process requires a listener when it is launched or attached to, and since none was provided when you launched, it used the debugger.

We have an example checked in that does what you want:

svn cat http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/lldb/trunk/examples/python/process_events.py

Just take this script and modify it to your liking, or you can just use the debuggers built in listener instead of creating your own:

    listener = debugger.GetListener()
    if listener.WaitForEvent(10, event):