[lldb-dev] SBTarget::Launch return SBProcess with PID=0

Eran Ifrah eran.ifrah at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 01:19:29 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have passed most of the barriers I had in order to integrate lldb within
codeite and I have started testing the code on OSX.
I have OSX 10.9 and I compiled lldb (btw, an enforcement in CMake to ensure
that Xcode is installed would be nice)
When I start debugging from within codelite using lldb, the call to
m_target.Launch(...) where (m_target is of type SBTarget) returns a valid
SBProcess, i.e. m_target.Launch().IsValid() is true

However, calling m_target.GetProcess().GetProcessID() returns 0
Doing "ps -ef|grep TestLLDB" in the Terminal.app shows that the debuggee
process was indeed launched ( I can confirm that the parent process is
codelite)

Any ideas why it may return 0?

TIA,

--
Eran Ifrah
Author of codelite, a cross platform open source C/C++ IDE: