[lldb-dev] Test suite itself creating failures

Richard Mitton richard at codersnotes.com
Tue Sep 24 19:00:24 PDT 2013

Hi all,

So I was looking into why TestInferiorAssert was (still) failing on my
machine, and it turned out the root cause was in fact that tests are not
run in isolation; dotest.py runs multiple tests using the same LLDB
context for each one. So if a test doesn't clean up after itself
properly, it can cause following tests to incorrectly fail.

Is this really a good idea? Wouldn't it make more sense to make it so
tests are always run individually, to guarantee consistent results?

--
Richard Mitton
richard at codersnotes.com