[lldb-dev] multi-threaded step out question

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Thu Sep 19 10:40:06 PDT 2013

The StopInfo generation isn't done quite right: the process plugin has all the responsibility for generating the StopInfo.  There really should be a Process base class function that gets to revise the stop reason after the plugin determines it.  One unfortunate effect of not having that is that the conversion of StopInfoBreakpoint to no stop reason for thread specific breakpoints is done in the Process plugins, which allows a plugin author to get it wrong...  OTOH, it looks like POSIXThread::BreakNotify is doing the right thing.

On a side note, I'm not quite sure why POSIXThread::BreakNotify is selecting the thread that hit the breakpoint.  There's code at a higher level that tries to keep the selected thread consistent (so for instance if you did a next on Thread A, and then hit breakpoints on threads A & B, it would keep A the selected thread.)  Selecting the thread when you make the StopInfo will defeat that attempt.

Jim