[lldb-dev] Merging/Unification of windows and trunk builds

Deepak Panickal deepak at codeplay.com
Tue Sep 17 06:30:44 PDT 2013

Hi,

We cannot run the test suite on Windows as we've not added native
debugging on Windows. A lot of the tests compile a native executable
which will not work in Windows. One idea to go about  testing would be
toadda remote target such as connecting to a remote debugserver.

As a first focused patch, we can consider the LLDB command-line driver.
The current driver depends on libeditline, which is not available on
Windows. The version we have developed contains a lot of #ifdefs,
generally because editline has been integrated quite deeply into the driver.

Would it be acceptable to add #ifdefs around most of the libedit code to
get it workingon windows, or would refactoring more of the library into
IOChannel from Driver to allow for a windows-targeted IOChannelbemore ideal?
We pretty much have a version based on #ifdefs ready to go.Refactoring
would be cleaner in the long run but take more time to develop.

Thanks,
Deepak