[lldb-dev] How to set argument -Xxm100M for an executable?

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Mon Oct 7 17:01:05 PDT 2013

As I commented in the bug:

The arguments to your process can be specified on the command line when starting lldb:

% lldb -- /private/tmp/args -Xxm100M
(lldb) run

Or your can specify them when using the "run" alias:

% lldb /private/tmp/args
(lldb) run -Xxm100M

'run' is an abbreviation for 'process launch -c /bin/bash --', so you don't need to type the "--" to terminate your arguments above. If you use the "process launch" directory you will need to add the "--" to terminate the "process launch" options:

% lldb /private/tmp/args
(lldb) process launch -- -Xxm100M

So there is a way to do this, but I agree that the "target.run-args" settings are broken for this case.