[lldb-dev] LLDB and gdbserver

Abid, Hafiz Hafiz_Abid at mentor.com
Fri Oct 4 09:44:34 PDT 2013

Hi Greg,
I am attaching a patch that implements the 2nd part as discussed below i.e. to adjust the pc after hitting breakpoint. The response of qHostInfo packet is checked for ' adjusts_breakpoint_pc' key. If found, it gives the value by which the pc should be adjusted. In its absence, a new setting ' plugin.process.gdb-remote .adjust-breakpoint-pc' can be used to provide this information. The default of this settings is 0. If a user is connecting to a stub that needs the debugger to adjust the pc (e.g. gdbserver) then user can adjust the value of this settings accordingly.

I tested the new setting and it is working fine. As I don't have a stub that sends qHostInfo with this new key, so that code is un-tested. OK to commit?

Regards,
Abid