[lldb-dev] lldb keeping .a file open

Carlo Kok ck at remobjects.com
Fri Nov 22 09:06:26 PST 2013

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:28:25 +0100, <jingham at apple.com> wrote:

> Did you try "target delete <Target that loaded .a file>"?
>
> That should clear all the modules held onto by that target.  "target
> list" will show you all the currently open targets.

I did, doesn't seem to do much for bsd .a files. This does work though:

#include "Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive/ObjectContainerBSDArchive.h"

class MyBSDStuff : private ObjectContainerBSDArchive {
public:
   static void ClearCache() {
     Mutex::Locker locker(Archive::GetArchiveCacheMutex());
     Archive::Map &archive_map = Archive::GetArchiveCache();
     archive_map.clear();
   }
};

MyBSDStuff::ClearCache();

which I know is a terrible hack, but I didn't see it anywhere else exposed.

--
Carlo Kok
RemObjects Software