[lldb-dev] Registration from a shared library plugin

Abid, Hafiz Hafiz_Abid at mentor.com
Tue Nov 12 04:42:00 PST 2013

Hi All,
The 'plugin load' command provides a facility to load an LLDB plugin from a shared library. I am wondering if C++ API provides a way to register the plugin with the debugger. Code inside LLDB proper can directly call the static PluginManager::RegisterPlugin() method. Is something equivalent available through the API?

My question really is what can be done in a plugin that you load from a shared library. An example in the codebase shows that you can add a new command. Is it the only possible usage? Say I want to provide a customized disassembler through a shared library plugin, is this a supported use case?

Thanks,
Abid