[lldb-dev] PATCH for REVIEW: Implement Linux Host::FindProcesses()

Michael Sartain mikesart at valvesoftware.com
Wed May 15 14:33:49 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com> wrote:

> The correct fix for this is to fill in the GetModuleSpecifications() in
> ObjectFileELF:

I had looked at the ObjectFileELF class, but it seemed a bit heavyweight
for just getting the file architecture (2 bytes in the elf header). When
someone does a "platform process list" this can get called on just about
every process the user is running. It looks like calling
ObjectFile::GetModuleSpecifications() reads 512 bytes of the file and then
tries to callback all the ObjectFile plug-ins until a match is found.

I'll implement the ObjectFileELF::GetModuleSpecifications() and see how
that looks though.

Thanks.
 -Mike