[lldb-dev] LLDB versioning update

Malea, Daniel daniel.malea at intel.com
Thu Mar 7 14:29:14 PST 2013

Thanks for the heads up Sean! I don't expect any build problems since we
don't depend on generate-vers.pl anymore, though the buildbots will let us
know for sure :)

On Linux, we already switched away from the Apple versioning scheme.
Instead, we just use whatever version clang reports, and include the
SVN/Git revisions of LLDB/Clang/LLVM used to build. Our motivation was to
keep "lldb -v" consistent with the version number from the Debian package,
which is tied to the major llvm/clang releases.

Dan