[lldb-dev] Installing LLDB 3.2 on linux?

Russell E. Owen rowen at uw.edu
Thu Mar 7 14:13:10 PST 2013

In article <C4D6ED9A-F8EA-49F8-B573-4E2828A33A22 at apple.com>,
 Sean Callanan <scallanan at apple.com> wrote:

> Russell,
>
> to elaborate on Greg's point, LLDB for Linux is an evolving creature and
> isn't yet at the point where we can cut a release and call it "stable."
> You're
> going to have a much better experience by using as recent an SVN checkout
> as possible.
>
> Sean

Thank you all for your helpful and quick replies.

One more question, please: If I build LLDB trunk against Clang and LLVM
trunk, must I also use that trunk of Clang and LLVM for compiling my
code? Or may I continue to use the 3.2 releases of Clang and LLVM (and
does it make sense to do so)?

-- Russell

P.S. I love LLDB with Clang and LLVM on my Mac. That is why I'm so keen
to have it on linux.