[lldb-dev] breakpoint command

Michael Sartain mikesart at valvesoftware.com
Mon Jun 17 10:28:51 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Kopec, Matt <matt.kopec at intel.com> wrote:

> In case you haven't looked at this yet, lldb has an option to skip the
> function prologue when setting function breakpoints. The setting is
> configurable via 'settings set target.skip-prologue false|true'. The
> default is true.
>
> It looks like you have some debug info for libc.so since you are able to
> resolve some line numbers. My guess is it's getting this prologue offset
> information from the DWARF info.

Oh, brilliant. That gets the breakpoint set correctly at the start of
printf and it's hit now. And yes - the split symbol support means we have
full symbols for all the system stuff (that has installed symbols).

I'll investigate what is going on with the prologue dwarf stuff - something
is broken there since the prologue shouldn't put us in the middle of printf.

Thank you very much Matt.
 -Mike