[lldb-dev] Using lldb 300.99.0 with Xcode 4.6.2?

Ayal Spitz aspitz at patientkeeper.com
Tue Jun 4 16:02:01 PDT 2013

Excellent!! Thank you very much - AYAL

Ayal Spitz | Senior Software Engineer, Mobile | PatientKeeper
O 781-373-6365 | aspitz at patientkeeper.com<mailto:bsoares at patientkeeper.com>
880 Winter St, Ste 300 | Waltham, MA 02451

On Jun 4, 2013, at 4:13 PM, Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com<mailto:gclayton at apple.com>> wrote:

I actually just checked and top of tree LLDB can be used with Xcode 4.6.2. No APIs have changed that Xcode requires.

I have a script that can do API verification. It is checked into the LLDB tree (lldb/scripts/verify_api.py) which can be used to verify. If you have a LLDB.framework in the current working directory you can run:

lldb/scripts/verify_api.py --library ./LLDB.framework/LLDB --arch x86_64 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/DebuggerLLDB.ideplugin/Contents/MacOS/DebuggerLLDB --api-regex lldb

It shows that all necessary calls required by the installed "DebuggerLLDB.ideplugin" in Xcode are present.

To try out the latest LLDB, build a release version of the LLDB.framework and then point Xcode to the version you just built _without_ installing it by quitting Xcode and then running the following in the terminal:

cd build/Release
DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=`pwd` /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode

This will cause Xcode to run using the LLDB.framework from the current working directory.

You will need to follow the code signing docs in lldb/docs/code-signing.txt to make your own code signing certificate.

Greg