[lldb-dev] Q: link order for lldb

Malea, Daniel daniel.malea at intel.com
Wed Jan 16 14:33:33 PST 2013

I'm not sure how it works on Windows -- cygwin can be finicky sometimes. On Linux though, the following linker invocation works:

llvm[3]: Linking Debug+Asserts Shared Library liblldb.so
g++ -I/home/baldrick/lldb/build/include -I/home/baldrick/lldb/build/tools/lldb/lib -I/home/baldrick/lldb/llvm/include -I/home/baldrick/lldb/llvm/tools/lldb/lib  -D_DEBUG -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -g -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fPIC -Woverloaded-virtual -Wcast-qual -std=c++0x -g -Wl,-R -Wl,'$ORIGIN' -L/home/baldrick/lldb/build/Debug+Asserts/lib -L/home/baldrick/lldb/build/Debug+Asserts/lib     -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wwrite-strings   -Wno-uninitialized   -shared -o /home/baldrick/lldb/build/Debug+Asserts/lib/liblldb.so  \
	  -Wl,--whole-archive -llldbAPI -llldbBreakpoint -llldbCommands -llldbCore -llldbExpression -llldbHostCommon -llldbInitAndLog -llldbInterpreter -llldbPluginABIMacOSX_arm -llldbPluginABIMacOSX_i386 -llldbPluginABISysV_x86_64 -llldbPluginDisassemblerLLVM -llldbPluginDynamicLoaderStatic -llldbPluginDynamicLoaderPOSIX -llldbPluginEmulateInstructionARM -llldbPluginLanguageRuntimeCPlusPlusItaniumABI -llldbPluginLanguageRuntimeObjCAppleObjCRuntime -llldbPluginObjectContainerBSDArchive -llldbPluginObjectFileELF -llldbPluginObjectFilePECOFF -llldbPluginOperatingSystemPython -llldbPluginPlatformGDBServer -llldbPluginProcessGDBRemote -llldbPluginSymbolFileDWARF -llldbPluginSymbolFileSymtab -llldbPluginUnwindAssemblyInstEmulation -llldbPluginUnwindAssemblyx86 -llldbPluginUtility -llldbSymbol -llldbTarget -llldbUtility -lclangAnalysis -lclangAST -lclangBasic -lclangCodeGen -lclangFrontend -lclangDriver -lclangEdit -lclangLex -lclangParse -lclangSema -lclangSerialization -lLLVMMCDisassembler -llldbPluginPlatformMacOSX -llldbPluginPlatformLinux -llldbPluginPlatformFreeBSD -lclangRewriteCore -lclangRewriteFrontend -llldbHostLinux -llldbPluginProcessLinux -llldbPluginProcessPOSIX -llldbPluginDynamicLoaderMacOSX -llldbPluginDynamicLoaderDarwinKernel -llldbPluginOperatingSystemDarwinKernel -Wl,--no-whole-archive -lLLVMLinker -lLLVMArchive -lLLVMMCJIT -lLLVMJIT -lLLVMRuntimeDyld -lLLVMExecutionEngine -lLLVMipo -lLLVMVectorize -lLLVMInstrumentation -lLLVMBitWriter -lLLVMBitReader -lLLVMAsmParser -lLLVMHexagonCodeGen -lLLVMHexagonDesc -lLLVMHexagonInfo -lLLVMHexagonAsmPrinter -lLLVMNVPTXCodeGen -lLLVMNVPTXDesc -lLLVMNVPTXInfo -lLLVMNVPTXAsmPrinter -lLLVMMBlazeDisassembler -lLLVMMBlazeCodeGen -lLLVMMBlazeDesc -lLLVMMBlazeAsmPrinter -lLLVMMBlazeAsmParser -lLLVMMBlazeInfo -lLLVMCppBackendCodeGen -lLLVMCppBackendInfo -lLLVMMSP430CodeGen -lLLVMMSP430Desc -lLLVMMSP430Info -lLLVMMSP430AsmPrinter -lLLVMXCoreDisassembler -lLLVMXCoreCodeGen -lLLVMXCoreDesc -lLLVMXCoreInfo -lLLVMXCoreAsmPrinter -lLLVMMipsDisassembler -lLLVMMipsCodeGen -lLLVMMip
sAsmParser -lLLVMMipsDesc -lLLVMMipsInfo -lLLVMMipsAsmPrinter -lLLVMARMDisassembler -lLLVMARMCodeGen -lLLVMARMAsmParser -lLLVMARMDesc -lLLVMARMInfo -lLLVMARMAsmPrinter -lLLVMPowerPCCodeGen -lLLVMPowerPCDesc -lLLVMPowerPCInfo -lLLVMPowerPCAsmPrinter -lLLVMSparcCodeGen -lLLVMSparcDesc -lLLVMSparcInfo -lLLVMX86Disassembler -lLLVMX86AsmParser -lLLVMX86CodeGen -lLLVMSelectionDAG -lLLVMAsmPrinter -lLLVMMCParser -lLLVMCodeGen -lLLVMScalarOpts -lLLVMInstCombine -lLLVMTransformUtils -lLLVMipa -lLLVMAnalysis -lLLVMX86Desc -lLLVMX86Info -lLLVMTarget -lLLVMX86AsmPrinter -lLLVMMC -lLLVMObject -lLLVMX86Utils -lLLVMCore -lLLVMSupport -Wl,--no-undefined -L/usr/lib/python2.6/config -lpthread -ldl -lutil -lm -lpython2.6 -lrt -lpthread -lrt -ldl -lm

Out of curiosity, what made you abandon the cmake route? I was hoping to take the cmakefiles from the windows branch and port them to Linux at some point... It's somewhat concerning if they are problematic even on Windows.

Best of luck,
Dan