[lldb-dev] cmake errors with lldb on Windows 7

Yaron Keren yaron.keren at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 09:09:33 PST 2013

Hi Colin,

The error happens while processing the cmake files, even when running
without any configuration

  cmake -G "Visual Studio 11"  ..

it may be related to generator or maybe cmake version, as the cmake help
says:

>cmake --help-policy CMP0022
cmake version 2.8.12
  CMP0022
       INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES defines the link interface.

       CMake 2.8.11 constructed the 'link interface' of a target from
       properties matching (IMPORTED_)?LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES(_<CONFIG>)?.
       The modern way to specify config-sensitive content is to use
generator
       expressions and the IMPORTED_ prefix makes uniform processing of the
       link interface with generator expressions impossible.  The
       INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES target property was introduced as a
       replacement in CMake 2.8.12.  This new property is named consistently
       with the INTERFACE_COMPILE_DEFINITIONS, INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES
       and INTERFACE_COMPILE_OPTIONS properties.  For in-build targets,
CMake
       will use the INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property as the source of the
       link interface only if policy CMP0022 is NEW.  When exporting a
target
       which has this policy set to NEW, only the INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES
       property will be processed and generated for the IMPORTED target by
       default.  A new option to the install(EXPORT) and export commands
       allows export of the old-style properties for compatibility with
       downstream users of CMake versions older than 2.8.12.  The
       target_link_libraries command will no longer populate the properties
       matching LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES(_<CONFIG>)? if this policy is NEW.

       The OLD behavior for this policy is to ignore the
       INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property for in-build targets.  The NEW
       behavior for this policy is to use the INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES
       property for in-build targets, and ignore the old properties matching
       (IMPORTED_)?LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES(_<CONFIG>)?.

       This policy was introduced in CMake version 2.8.12.  CMake version
       2.8.12 warns when the policy is not set and uses OLD behavior.  Use
       the cmake_policy command to set it to OLD or NEW explicitly.

In any case, I was looking for a local debug solution. I hope lldb would do
that sometime.

Yaron