[lldb-dev] make install is currently broken - does not respect prefix.

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Thu Dec 5 08:17:19 PST 2013

On 05/12/2013 16:35, Todd Fiala wrote:
> Hi Sylvestre,
>
> What in the configure process is telling it to append this part:
> /tmp/buildd/llvm-toolchain-snapshot-3.5~svn196491/debian/tmp
> to the install prefix?  I suspect I may just need to have a typically-empty-but-not-in-your-case variable to the front part of the install location.  I was using $prefix to get the --prefix={something} part.

Actually, I am adding this:

	--prefix=/usr/lib/llvm-3.5
to the configure
and then, DESTDIR with the make install
/usr/bin/make -C build-llvm VERBOSE=1 install DESTDIR=/tmp/buildd/llvm-toolchain-snapshot-3.5~svn196491/debian/tmp/

Usually, adding $(DESTDIR) in the path fixes this kind of issues.

Sorry for not being clear in my initial email,