[lldb-dev] Testing MCJIT (vs. standard JIT)

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 29 11:57:28 PDT 2013

source/Expression/ClangExpressionParser.cpp currently has

#if defined(__FreeBSD__)
#define USE_STANDARD_JIT
#endif

which then includes llvm/ExecutionEngine/JIT.h instead of
llvm/ExecutionEngine/MCJIT.h.

It looks like this has evolved over time from being the default on all
platforms, to !defined(__APPLE__), to the current FreeBSD-only case.
I'm currently tracking down a number of unit test failures on FreeBSD,
but the results seem consistent with or without the USE_STANDARD_JIT
define.

I'd like to enable MCJIT on FreeBSD so that any testing is with the
most commonly used code.  Is there a simple case I can use to confirm
that MCJIT works as expected, or known dependencies to investigate?

-Ed