[lldb-dev] Merging/Unification of windows and trunk builds

Virgile Bello virgile.bello at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 08:54:31 PDT 2013

Yes sure, I keep in touch with Carlos. He's been very helpful and
supportive.

MSVC11 changes are related to the lack of <functional>, and some template
instantiations issues, so not so huge different but that might be enough so
that it is better kept as a separate patch/branch until everybody migrate
to MSVC12? (MSVC11 doesn't support full C++11 which LLDB targets, so if we
want to keep trunk clean from those issues it seems to be the only option).
Note that you can compile it in MSVC11 with toolset vc120.

For lldbProcessWindows, I will merge it to LLDB.
For the MSVC AD7 debugengine, not sure yet if I will open-source it or do a
low-cost commercial product out of it.

Didn't have a chance to check embarcadero code yet, I will do that as soon
as I am finished with the windows patches. However, it seems they took a
different approach (using windows implementation of POSIX functions).

Sincerely,
Virgile