[lldb-dev] LLDB code signing

Filipe Cabecinhas filcab at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:46:49 PDT 2012

The way I've been doing that is to ship an LLDB.framework and setting the environment variable LLDB_DEBUGSERVER_PATH to point to Xcode's debugserver.

I use hard-coded paths and am migrating to xcode-select -print-path. It's not the best solution, but it should work most of the time. The user can also provide a debugserver path, and I check several paths before giving up.
There CAN be some breakage when the versions don't match, but the debugserver isn't updated that often (but, as of today, the debugserver that ships with the current version of Xcode can't re-run a program).

I don't know if it's even possible to sign a debugserver binary and make it work on other macs without installing and trusting the certificate.

Good luck. And wait for someone at Apple to reply, to have a more definitive answer w.r.t. Mac OS X.

Regards,

  Filipe

P.S: You can also ship several LLDB.frameworks matching several Xcode versions and select one of those in runtime (and then point to a debugserver with a matching version).