[lldb-dev] LLVM 3.2 release notes

Pawel Wodnicki root at 32bitmicro.com
Thu Dec 13 21:30:19 PST 2012

Hi Kostya,

> [did this go to lldb-dev on purpose?]
>
> Hi Pawel,
>
>>From these docs:
>

>    - ThreadSanitizer
> (TSan)<http://llvm.org/releases/3.2/tools/clang/docs/ThreadSanitizer.html>
> -
>    data race detector run-time library for C/C++ has been added.
>    - Improvemens to
> AddressSanitizer<http://llvm.org/releases/3.2/tools/clang/docs/AddressSanitizer.html>
> including:
>    increasing stack size limit to 256M, better portability
>    (iOS6,Windows,Android NDK), support for cmake based builds, enhanced error
>    reporting.
>

> Both links point to nowhere.

Ah yes, for now it is kind of Back to the Future thingy.
These links will work only after the 3.2 release has been created
which did not happen yet but it will if we get it right.

> AddressSanitizer's support for iOS and Windows is immature to include it
> into release notes.

Ok, I will remove it.

> Did we do the "increasing stack size limit to 256M" bit?

Commit log says so!
'256M' bit? but who counts stack size in bits.
Shall we say '256MB'?

> --kcc

Thanks you for feedback!

Pawel