[lldb-dev] No C++ language runtime plug-in?

Kaylor, Andrew andrew.kaylor at intel.com
Tue Dec 11 14:08:30 PST 2012

I have been investigating the failure of the 'DynamicValueTestCase.test_get_dynamic_value_with_dwarf' test on Linux, and to my surprise it seems to be failing because LLDB doesn't find a C++ language runtime plug-in on Linux.  I see that there is an ItaniumABI plug-in for C++, but no language runtimes get used on my x86_64-based Linux system.  I'm guessing that on Mac OS's this is handled by the ObjectiveC V2 plugin, but that doesn't get used on Linux either.

Anyway, I was about to file an issue in Bugzilla to implement a C++ language runtime plug-in, but it seemed like a good idea to solicit input on history, design decisions and such first.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Andy