[lldb-dev] Linkage issue?

Jared Carlson jared.carlson23 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 13:46:03 PDT 2012

Afternoon,

I'm trying to run some lldb python code outside of Xcode and I'm running into an issue..

So I used PYTHONPATH to point to the lldv module within Xcode.app (This is on Mountain Lion) and I can import lldv, etc just fine from the command line but when I try to use breakpoints or some other code I've seen others use I run into swig issues, for example:

bp1 = target.BreakpointCreateByName('override')
>>> bp1
<lldb.SBBreakpoint; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'lldb::SBBreakpoint *' at 0x10d80dc30> >
>>> bp1.isValid()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/LLDB.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Python/lldb/__init__.py", line 1119, in <lambda>
    __getattr__ = lambda self, name: _swig_getattr(self, SBBreakpoint, name)
  File "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/LLDB.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Python/lldb/__init__.py", line 78, in _swig_getattr
    raise AttributeError(name)
AttributeError: isValid

I can create various variables, etc… but I notice it seems like I'm missing a few odds and ends..  I would guess that this is a linkage issue but am a little stumped as to why it seems I'm getting most of the functionality I expect.

Thanks for any help you can give.

- Jared