[lldb-dev] Dynamic types

Jim Ingham jingham at apple.com
Fri Oct 7 11:14:08 PDT 2011

Not sure what is going on, then.  I just checked and this works as expected on TOT for me.  There are a couple of test cases in:

test/lang/cpp/dynamic-value/TestDynamicValue.py
test/lang/objc/objc-dynamic-value/TestObjCDynamicValue.py

They were turned off at some point because we hadn't added the use_dynamic variant to EvaluateExpression, but I just turned them back on and checked that in, and they do pass for me.  First step is probably to ensure that they pass for you as well.  You can run just one test directory by cd'ing into the test directory and doing:

./dotest.py lang/cpp/dynamic-value/TestDynamicValue.py

If that works, then there's something funny going on in the case you are working on.

Jim