[lldb-dev] lldb on linux -- immediate crash upon attaching to process

Jason E. Aten j.e.aten at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:54:50 PDT 2011

I'm trying lldb on linux x86_64.  Upon attaching to any process with "pro
attach --pid XXX", I get
an immediate core dump via referencing an invalid mutex.

I know linux is a new platform for lldb, and I've just recently started
exploring lldb on linux so
so please forgive me if this is already a well known issue. (Is there a bug
database to search?).

In case it helps, I attach a debugging log with strack trace and a small
test case to make it
easy to reproduce. This was running on Ubuntu 10.04, with the latest lldb
(svn r127570), and
llvm and clang at svn r124349, as Steve Wilson kindly indicated was
necessary for lldb to build.

lldb was built with this configuration.

 $ /home/jaten/pkg/latest-svn-llvm/llvm/configure --enable-optimized
--enable-debug-runtime --enable-debug-symbols --enable-profiling
--enable-jit --enable-doxygen --enable-pic --enable-shared
--enable-assertions --enable-targets=x86_64 REQUIRES_RTTI=1

Let me know if I can be of further assistance in tracking this down. If it's
a known problem and
somebody can sketch a solution, I may be able to implement it.

thanks,
Jason