[lldb-dev] build broken on linux due to ifdef on ConnectionFileDescriptor

Stephen Wilson wilsons at start.ca
Tue Feb 15 20:52:24 PST 2011

Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com> writes:

> Stephen,
>
> Check in what you need. I believe with the announcement that Nokia is
> going to Windows 7 there won't be much LLDB work done by the Nokia
> guys unfortunately...

I feared as much.  Will simply remove the __APPLE__ guard then to bring
in the missing headers -- no need to a config setting IMO if we do not
have a platform that needs it (unless someone else wants to take up
mingw that is).

Cheers,

> On Feb 15, 2011, at 7:59 PM, Stephen Wilson wrote:
>

>> Hi Kirk,
>>
>> <kirk.beitz at nokia.com> writes:
>>> Hello Marco ++
>>>
>>> I think the break is due to that i had thought all uses of items in
>>> arpa/inet.h were already protected by #ifdef __APPLE__ when they were
>>> not.  at least that part of your patch would obviously take care of
>>> that.
>>>
>>> i'm not entirely certain about the name.  the problem is not that unix
>>> style sockets are not supported, but that they aren't supported
>>> precisely in the same way.  winsock, winsock2, and ws2tcpip headers on
>>> mingw support part but not all of the calls made herein, and even
>>> then, will support more or less based upon the version of windows
>>> being used.
>>>
>>> Let me try to take your patch and tweak it, and then also test the
>>> build on linux.
>>
>> Any update on this?  If not I think Marco's patch should go in as it
>> unbreaks the build.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> ++ Kirk
>>>
>>> On 2011-Feb-9, at 4:25 PM, ext Marco Minutoli wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> today trying to build lldb on Linux I got an error due to some missing
>>> header files caused by an ifdef. In the attachment you should find a
>>> little patch that fix the build problem (this time I hope in the right
>>> way ;) ).
>>>
>>> I don't know if mingw has those headers too so I haven't declared the
>>> macro for it in its Config.h.
>>>
>>> I was wondering if there is some introductory task I can work on. Do
>>> you have any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Marco
>>>
>>> --
>>> Marco Minutoli
>>>
>>> "If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x;
>>> y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." --A. Einstein

steve