[lldb-dev] Linux process plugin

arvid.picciani at nokia.com arvid.picciani at nokia.com
Tue Sep 28 04:42:48 PDT 2010

I think,I need some help getting the linux process plugin working. Getting it compiling was easy so far, but it won't work,
and for me its not easy too see how its supposed to work either.
First of all, why does it run the inferior in a pty? I don't see why we would need an entire terminal there.
Secondly, why is there one thread per fd afterwards?

Basicly it does pretty much nothing:
(lldb) r
Launching '/tmp/crashd/a.out'  (x86_64)
(lldb)
it randomly works after a few times, but only results in a visible effect when the inferior crashes.
It then tries to send a message to the crashed process, which crashes lldb. There is a FIXME in there,
but why is this on a seperate thread in the first place?