[lldb-dev] Symbolic Queries + LLDB

Sean Callanan scallanan at apple.com
Mon Oct 18 10:35:09 PDT 2010

Milen,

it sounds like what you're proposing could be done with Python code.  One thing you'd have to be careful about is figuring out where the conditionals are and what they are testing.  Are you going to pre-parse the code before it comes into LLDB?  We don't have an infrastructure for getting ASTs at the moment.

If you implement this on top of LLDB using the external API, I think that will allow you to get as many results as possible without needing to go in and implement internal features.  Then, later, once you're confident about what information needs to be associated with what data structures, we can discuss adding that as a general infrastructure that anyone can use.

Sean