[lldb-dev] Symbolic Queries + LLDB

Sean Callanan scallanan at apple.com
Mon Oct 18 10:00:02 PDT 2010

Milen,

when you say "the range of values it can take," are you referring to adding a kind of watchpoint that records range information, so that you can perform integer range analysis etc?  Or are you referring to a query that operates on all instances of a variable (say, a class member) existent at the current time?  Given what KLEE does, I assume the former.

Right now, even before you start looking at the query infrastructure – or even the watchpoints, really – LLDB really needs support for keeping time-stamped metadata about variables and user interactions.  Because LLDB uses editline, it gets some level of command-line history, but that's pretty much it right now.  A proper metadata infrastructure could provide full history for variable values and function executions, providing a foundation for a variety of LLDB-based program analysis tools.

Adding this kind of metadata support to LLDB would be a sizable piece of work, but it could allow you to bring over versions of some KLEE-based tests.  What do you think?

Sean