[lldb-dev] macosx 10.6.4 and lldb privilegues

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Tue Oct 12 06:46:48 PDT 2010

Le 12 oct. 2010 à 15:17, Arvid Ephraim Picciani a écrit :

> I can't get lldb to run on 10.6.4 at all without sudo. Code signing has
> no effect either. I tried this: http://os-tres.net/blog/?p=20
> that gives me a popup asking for authorisation, but even after that,
> task_for_pid still fails with no usable error message.
> (i manually started taskgated btw, since it didnt seem running at all)
> Any clue what i'm still doing wrong there? How does gdb obtain those
> privilegues? I see no authorization popup, and it just works.

In lldb sources, in the doc folder, there is a code-signing.txt file that explains what to do.

Read and follow the instructions, and it should works.

The important part is the one that start with:

«The next steps are necessary on SnowLeopard, but are probably because of a bug how Keychain Access makes certificates.»