[lldb-dev] Where should the LLDB python support files go on Linux?

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Wed Jul 7 11:51:13 PDT 2010

We currently have a few support files that are needed for LLDB python support:

embedded_interpreter.py
lldb.py

Where should these files live on linux?

On Mac OS X we embed them into LLDB.framework. Mac OS X Frameworks are directories that contain everything you need in order to use a shared libary: shared library binary + headers + support files.

I am guessing that when installing LLDB on linux we will install to:

headers: /usr/local/include/lldb/*
shlibs: /usr/local/lib/lldb.so
python files: ???

If anyone with linux expertise could comment, that would be great.

Greg Clayton