[lldb-dev] ELF 64

Stephen Wilson wilsons at start.ca
Tue Jul 6 17:21:37 PDT 2010

Hi Eli,

Eli Friedman <eli.friedman at gmail.com> writes:
> One good first step would be to get rid of the local elf.h and start
> using llvm/Support/ELF.h.

I think that is ideal, but there is lack of 64 bit support in that
header.  I can work on a patch for it.

> +        bool have_32bit = magic[EI_CLASS] == 1;
>
> Magic "1" is bad; use ELFCLASS32 (which is in the LLVM ELF.h).

OK.  Will update local elf.h in next iteration to remove the constant.

> Can you make the diff for ObjectFileELF64.cpp on top of an "svn cp"?
> It's difficult to review otherwise.

I originally wrote the file using llvm coding standards, then
reformatted when it was made clear to me LLDB will follow its own
standards.  Unfortunately a `diff -Naur ObjectFileELF.cpp
ObjectFileELF64.cpp` is not a very good result for review.  Will
reformat tomorrow so as to be more true to the original file and post
again.

Thanks!
Steve