[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb] Make ScriptedPythonInterface::Dispatch return llvm::Expected<T> (PR #224988)
Alex Langford via lldb-commits
lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 21 13:05:26 PDT 2026
https://github.com/bulbazord approved this pull request.
I'm on board with this change. I'll also +1 Jim's question because I think an answer in the affirmative would be a good idea.
One thing I do not like about this PR (which you might address later, let's see) is that the pattern of `Wrapper(Dispatch(..))`. For example, `LogAndDefault(Dispatch(...))` when you could instead have these wrapper functions call Dispatch on your behalf to enforce their correct usage. That is to say, it would be more difficult to abuse them and become more obvious how one would use them just by looking at their interface. I think the name would probably change (because LogAndDefault doesn't have any notion of dispatching), but that would be ok IMO.
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/224988
More information about the lldb-commits
mailing list