[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [llvm] [Support][lldb] Port xz (lzma) decompression from LLDB into LLVM (PR #220092)
David Spickett via lldb-commits
lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 18 03:50:11 PDT 2026
DavidSpickett wrote:
Drive by comments and I will be away next week so use your own judgement and don't wait for me to reply.
> Fixes a latent bug in the ported code where lzma_index_buffer_decode() was passed a pointer to the stream index but the size of the whole stream, which could've caused it to technically read past the end of the buffer.
On principle I'd rather this was its own commit so that we can see how it was fixed. Could be before or after migration, either works.
> LLDB_ENABLE_LZMA is replaced by LLVM_ENABLE_LZMA, and is default to ON globally. Any uses of the old flag will now be ignored by default.
I left a comment on the diff about this. I think cases where the two options do not match should fail to configure.
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/220092
More information about the lldb-commits
mailing list