[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb] Add an option to build liblldb statically (PR #223210)

Alex Langford via lldb-commits lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 15 09:56:09 PDT 2026


bulbazord wrote:

@sbc100 Could you weigh in on if you think that building liblldb as a static library is a good idea here? Generally we build liblldb as a shared library that includes lldb, llvm, and clang libraries (so it tends to run a bit larger). @anutosh491 Provided some numbers with `-O3`, but is this expected? I personally would prefer not to build liblldb static but I am not familiar enough with the constraints of Emscripten to say whether or not a shared liblldb is wholly unviable here.

@anutosh491 Could you try to collect numbers with `-Oz`? That may give us a different baseline. I believe that building LLDB as shared with `-Oz` is probably overall easier than building it static.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/223210


More information about the lldb-commits mailing list