[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb] Initialize the host platform under Emscripten (PR #223162)

Anutosh Bhat via lldb-commits lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Sun Sep 13 04:33:05 PDT 2026


anutosh491 wrote:

> Now I am looking into compiling WAMR’s interpreter library with Emscripten for the execution engine.

Woah. I think I was able to make some progress on this !

I managed to compile WAMR’s interpreter/debug runtime with Emscripten and run it alongside `liblldb` inside the same browser process. LLDB now talks to WAMR’s GDB-remote stub through an in-memory RSP connection, so in WasmBolt I can load a DWARF-enabled Wasm program and do all the good stuff (breakpoints, next , continue etc) without a native debugger or a remote server completely in the browser 😃 

Offcourse an early prototype but here's a demo anyways 


https://github.com/user-attachments/assets/7e6d8d6c-034d-4b03-ba17-3fbae9c04224

All the work on `ProcessWasm` gave me the LLDB-side foundation to make this experiment possible. Thanks for that ;)




https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/223162


More information about the lldb-commits mailing list