[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb] Speed up `SBValue::CreateValueFromExpression` by using DIL (PR #222192)
Ilia Kuklin via lldb-commits
lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 9 09:53:03 PDT 2026
kuilpd wrote:
> It's not clear that only SBValue.CreateValueFromExpression "creates values from expressions"; after all SBTarget.EvaluateExpression and SBFrame.EvaluateExpression also do that job. I think it's preferable for the explicit EvaluateExpression API's to always run the expression parser - so I agree with the decision you've made here. But I think the help string for the setting needs to make that clearer.
Should we maybe add the same functionality to those API calls, but with another setting that's disabled by default? So that if someone knows about DIL and would like to enable that, they could do it.
> We should probably also indicate this in the docs for SBValue.CreateValueFromExpression, since you probably wouldn't find your way to this detail otherwise.
Added the docs, comments, and updated the description. Please check if they make sense.
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/222192
More information about the lldb-commits
mailing list