[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb] Add MSVC STL formatter for std::valarray (PR #217242)

via lldb-commits lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 20 13:47:46 PDT 2026


Daedie-git wrote:

> Looks good overall.
> 
> Aside: Sometimes I think we could have a generic way to handle vector, span, valarray, and similar types that are essentially a pointer + size. Because much of the code for them is identical except the way we fetch members. Not sure at which level they should live.

Something I wondered myself the last time I was looking at this (over a year ago), is if this couldn't be implemented using more robust and platform independent semantics by tracking down the required files throughout the data layout (like for vector, you're looking for 3 pointers in specific order, but you don't assume anything about how their nested). 
And then show the raw data layout if you can't find what you are looking for. That would avoid crashes.

That's not exactly the same as what you're saying. But it's a bit in the same design space I guess.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/217242


More information about the lldb-commits mailing list